Gut Health and CBD
Did you know?
– Around 70% of the immune system exists within the gut. By ensuring your gut is healthy, you’ll be saved from many different bodily woes because of the support your immune system receives.
– Within the gut, there is a microbiome. Biome is a word that refers to any collection of plants or animals that exist within a specific location. The microbiome is the collection of both good and bacteria within the digestive system. It contains more than 10 trillion bacterial cells!
– There are tight junctions within the intestines that allow for nutrients to pass through into the bloodstream and prevent harmful microbes from leaving the intestines. When the microbiome is functioning properly and is full of good healthy bacteria, it prevents harmful substances from leaking into other parts of the body and causing harm.
What does the microbiome do?
– Digests fiber
– Supports immune health
– Maintains brain health
What are the signs of poor gut health?
– Frequently upset stomach (Flatulence, diarrhea, bloating, acid reflux or constipation are the most obvious signs of poor gut health)
– Inexplicable weight gain or loss
– Constant tiredness
– Food intolerances
Gut health is getting increasingly worse
Over the past 50 years, incidence of UC (Ulcerative Colitis) and CD (Crohn’s Disease) has increased 2-4 times.
How does the gut get infected?
The protective function of the lining of the gut and the gut, is crucial in protecting us from the outside world. When the protective function is damaged due to bacteria, viruses, parasites or bacterial infections, this could lead to inflammation, irritation and other issues with our digestive tract.
How can CBD help with improving gut health?
CBD and other cannabinoids interact with multiple different receptors with the cells in the lining of the gut to decrease inflammation.
CBD for Nausea
CBD can help in decreasing nausea or specifically, the sensation of nausea caused by the Vagas nerve. it can decrease the stimulation that create nausea throughout the gut.
CBD & IBS
According to the NIH, as many as 1 in 5 American adults have signs and symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), yet less than 1 in 5 who have symptoms seek medical help. IBS is estimated to affect 10 to 15 percent of U.S. adults. IBS affects about twice as many women as men and most often occurs in people younger than age 45. IBS can be:
Crohn’s disease is an illness that causes gut swelling and chronic pain in the abdominal area. CBD can be effective in helping reduce swelling and reduce the need for drugs for this illness. Crohn’s Disease is one of the most frustrating and uncomfortable bowel diseases and it is hard to manage without drugs of some kind. CBD may be the help that is needed to manage this disease.
Affects only the large intestine and is associated with continuous inflammation. The mucosal and submucosal layers are affected by UC.
In any of these diseases, CBD may help decrease pain, bloating and frequent bowel movement.
Etiology of IBS
Many people may not realize that they have IBS symptoms or GI issues. It’s important to be aware that IBS can occur for a number of different reasons:
– Genetic factors
– Visceral hypersensitivity and food intolerance and allergy
– Abnormal gut motility
– Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction
– Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
– Post-infectious Irritable Bowel Syndrome
– Psycho-social factors
Your health starts in your gut!
By promoting the growth of good bacteria, balancing the endocannabinoid system, promoting overall digestive health, and strengthening gut barrier function, CBD shows tremendous promise in improving the functioning of the gut. When you have a healthy gut, you may notice many changes within yourself. You may experience a better overall mood, sleep better, have healthy skin, and experience greater energy levels and vitality.
Do you know if you have GI issues? If your stomach has been bothering you lately, be sure to see your doctor for a full diagnosis and treatment plan.
For anyone who already has GI issues and wants to try an alternative solution, the ALLUR Broad Spectrum tincture may help in decreasing inflammation within the gut. It is crucial to control and subdue this issue as constant inflammation affects all the surrounding areas – the layers of the gut, blood vessels, etc. Treat it early and get healthy from the inside out.
Watch Episode 14 of CBD101 linked below to learn all about CBD and its effects on the GI tract.
Get your ALLUR Tincture today to experience all the benefits of CBD in supporting a well balanced mind & body!